Privacy & Security
ARTWIDE (“we” or “us”) consider the privacy and protection of our clients' data, both corporate and personal, to be of the utmost importance and we take robust measures across our business to protect the security and integrity of all such information.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms on our website (www.artwide.com); and information given in hard copy form or by any other means providing: your name; date of birth; address; marketing preferences; when appropriate your credit information; and any other personal information relevant to the services we provide. This information may be provided when you are registering interest, transacting with us, subscribing to our services or requesting information;
- correspondence or other contacts you may have with us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website or our brokerage offices, and any communications by telephone, in person or by any other means relating to those transactions. This may include recording certain telephone conversations, for example relating to a transaction;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, web logs or other communication data and the resources you access.
The information you provide to us will be used for processing transactions but may also be used for internal data processing, such as compiling statistical information about your interests and the use of www.artwide.com. As a service to you, we may also use this information to customize the content we offer on www.artwide.com.
2. SPECIFIC INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT VIA WWW.ARTWIDE.COM
We may collect and process the following information obtained from your use of www.artwide.com.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket. Using our website will result in us placing cookies on your computer in the 3 categories set out below.
- Strictly necessary: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website; many of the functions on our website will not work properly, or at all, if you do not allow these cookies to be used. We may therefore be unable to provide many of the services you may wish to request unless you accept the use of these cookies.
- Performance: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor: all information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. The information is only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features (for example, remembering alerts you placed or favourites you selected).
2.2 IP Address
We may collect information about your computer, including your internet address, operating system and browser type when you visit us. Your internet address is used to help identify and gather statistical or demographic information about our customers generally. We also use this information for internal system administration to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website and the customer or user experience.
3. HOW IS THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Artwide will collect, record, store and use your personal data world-wide for clearly specified purposes including but not limited to:
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. This could include but is not limited to web sales, private sales, valuations, expertise…
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notifying you about changes to our products and services;
- ensuring that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- selling or purchasing artworks or services
- (unless you object,) advising you of forthcoming web sales, private sales, events and services.
We may contact you for the above purposes by telephone, email or SMS messaging and other means.
4. SHARING INFORMATION
We may from time to time however need to disclose your personal data to certain third parties.
4.1 Agents or Contractors of Artwide
We may need to disclose certain personal information to our Agents or Contractors to enable Artwide to process transactions or communicate with you. Where we do so it will be on the basis that these agents/contractors are required to keep the information confidential and secure, and will not use the information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Artwide.
4.2 Anti-Money Laundering and Regulatory Authorities
We may need to retain and disclose certain information about you to regulatory authorities and to appropriate agencies to conduct anti-money laundering and trade sanction checks and to assist with fraud prevention, in particular, in compliance with our AML obligations and in relation to trade sanctions. We will disclose this information as is required by law.
4.3 Credit Agencies
We may need to disclose certain personal information about you to credit agencies to conduct appropriate checks when you are transacting with us.
4.4 Legal Disclosures
While we will not voluntarily disclose your personal data we may disclose such information if we are required to do so by a valid Court Order, if we are lawfully requested by government or law enforcement authorities, if we are required to do so pursuant to other legal processes, or if it becomes necessary to protect the rights or property of Artwide.
5. WORLDWIDE TRANSFERS AND PROCESSING
6. CONTACTING YOU
In order to provide you with marketing information about our products and services, we may contact you by email, SMS or any other messaging service, telephone, and by post. At the bottom of any marketing emails you will have a clearly marked unsubscribe option from future mailings. In addition, you may at any time send an email to email@example.com asking for your name to be removed from our lists.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the legal right to a copy of the information which we hold about you, including information on how this will be used and to ensure this information is accurate. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes - you can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to our website, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will ensure that your personal data within Artwide is suitably protected against both unauthorised physical and electronic access.
These measures include an electronic firewall and various other protection measures that involve virus scanning, installation of security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, employee training, security audits and other steps designed constantly to improve the data protection posture.
However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation.
We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties. In any event, where we believe personal data has been compromised, we will notify you of this.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Artwide site contains links to other websites which are not operated by Artwide. The information you provide to us will not be transmitted to other websites.
However, these websites may collect personal information about you in accordance with their own privacy policies. Artwide is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
10. HOW LONG WILL ARTWIDE KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ?
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as you are a member of the Artwide site.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We will notify users of this website by posting any updated policy on this page and such changes will be effective immediately and without further notice.
If you have any queries in relation to the use and protection of your personal data please contact us at email@example.com.
During the registration process, we may ask you to provide sensitive information that allows us to serve you better. We are keenly aware of the sensitivity of this information that you have entrusted to us and have taken security measures to safeguard your personal information online.
- You may access your account information online from the Artwide Website only with your User ID and Password that is known to you only and that you have created on your online account when you have been accepted as member of the Artwide Website.
- Artwide uses advanced technology to encrypt your login, password and information that is stored in a secure database allowing limited access to a select few of authorized Artwide employees only.
- Security professionals regularly conduct tests to determine our vulnerability and to fix flaws immediately.
- Security patches are applied immediately as soon as they are released by the contractors with whom we are working.
2. FRAUDULENT EMAILS
Please note that Artwide never sends e-mails asking you to reply with your account or other personal information. You may use your private and secure Message Center tool on the Artwide Website to directly communicate with us
E-mail fraud is a common tool of identity thieves. An increasingly common fraudulent activity, called "phishing", uses official-looking e-mails to deceive consumers into disclosing their personal information.
The e-mail often directs the recipient to a look-alike Website of a legitimate business, tricking consumers into believing they are responding to a valid request.
Other fraudulent e-mails entice users to make a purchase and are designed primarily to obtain credit card or bank account information. Artwide never sends e-mails asking you to reply with your account or other personal or financial information.
To avoid getting caught in any of these fraudulent activities, please remember to:
- Keep your login and password secret
- Change your password periodically
- Never give out your personal and account information by e-mail or telephone, unless you initiated the contact
- Verify that you are on this page, https://www.artwide.com/login, whenever you are about to register, edit or add information to your account, or set up a new user in your private Trading Account. You may want to add this URL to your browser's Favourites or Bookmarks menu
- Always end your secure session on www.artwide.com completely by clicking the Log Out link (http://artwide.com/logout) at the top right-hand side of the page and by closing your browser's window
If you have any queries or concerns about the use and protection of your personal data, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.